Zulum Flags Off Construction Of Third Maiduguri  Fly Over Worth N7.9bn     

0
481

By; SADIQ ABUBAKAR, Maiduguri

Governor Babagana Umara Zulum of Borno State has flagged off the construction of  third fly over in Maiduguri city on Saturday,  located at West End  Round, awarded to EEC at the cost of N7.9 billion.

While cutting the tape to flag off the construction work at the site, Governor Zulum said, “God willing this is the third fly over that my administration is constructing, having constructed that of Customs area that was commissioned by former  President Muhammadu Buhari  and the second fly over was awarded and constructed at the Borno Express area by the same contractor.”

He added that the purpose of the fly over construction within the state capital  Maiduguri city, is to reduce traffic congestion and accident at strategic places with the aim of providing easy flow of traffic and  improve usage and patronage of basic infrastructure.

The governor appreciated the efforts and commitment of the state ministry of works and housing, as well as the contractors for doing a good job.

The Borno State Commissioner of Works and Housing , Engr. Mustapha Gunio who conducted the governor round the site  and explained to him in details the design and specifications of the construction work,  said the project  is the third fly over to be constructed by his administration and is expected to be completed in 12 months. 

He added that the contractors have been charged to adhere strictly to building specifications as provided by the  State Ministry of Works and Housing  in the documents signed  last  Monday,  with the Eightheenth  Engineering Company Limited (EEC)  for the construction of a  fly over at West End Round,  which will cost about  N7.9 billion .

The commissioner also said that the contractors have been advised and guided to ensure quality work and adhere strictly to the specification of the project as well as complete the project within the stipulated  12 month completion period. 

He further disclosed that  a down payment of 40 per cent of the total cost has been mobilized to the contractor,  with  proposed additional 10 per cent payment very soon  to make it 50 per cent,  pointing out that, with this arrangement,  much is expected from the contractor in terms of quality and speedy work.

The representative of EEC Construction Company Limited,  Mr Gao Kun promised to justify the confidence reposed on them and execute the project according to specifications of the project design.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here