By; M.Y. Kuta.
- Niger State is a Host Community to the Nation’s three Hydroelectric Dams (Kainji, Jebba and Shiroro).
- We also suffer ecological disasters just as other regions hosting national treasures do, e.g. Niger Delta.
- We haven’t forgotten the promises/
agreements reached before our people/farmers were robbed of their farmlands for the construction of those 3 dams.
- We are yet to see any social benefits like “good roads, good schools, good health centres, good electricity etc.”
- We also knows the value of money if 13% derivation is approved and given to us. And this must be done quickly.
- We are also demanding for establishment of Ministry of Hyperdec to take charge of unforeseen issues in and around the Hydroelectric producing region.
- We are demanding for special consideration in electric billing system so as to cushion our ecological disturbances. And prepaid meters most be installed with immediate effect.
- We are also demanding for 40% local content most especially in appointment/employments within our region.
- We are not forcing them to give us free light but let it be available 24/7.
10. Hypadec should take effect immediately.
Anything short of this is sabotage and first-class cheat to us and our state.
WE SAY NO TO ESTIMATED BILLING SYSTEM:
Alluta Contunua!!! Victoria Acertar!!!
Kuta wrote in through email@example.com