Why We Cancelled 1m-man March In Kaduna – Labour Party

0
187

By; AMOS TAUNA, Kaduna 

A member of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Labour Party (LP)  and a senatorial candidate for Southern Kaduna senatorial zone, Engr. Michael Ayuba has noted that following fragile nature of Kaduna State and based on intelligence report available, the 1million march had been cancelled in the state. 

He made the decision known in Kaduna on Thursday, during the harmonization of over 50 support groups in support of Peter Obi’s presidency and all the party’s candidates in the 2023 general elections. 

According to him, after the meeting they would meet with the groups in order to identify with them, after which, they will publish their names in one of the national dailies.

He explained, “We will work with security agencies to ensure that we hold the match in the next two weeks.”

He enjoined the members of the party not to come out on Saturday (1st October), advising that all stay at home as they are concerned about their well being is better they remain alive to mobilise for their candidates rather than losing their lives on the streets.

Earlier, Jonathan Asake, the gubernatorial candidate for Labour Party (LP) in Kaduna, Jonathan explained that the Obi Movement is turning into a revolution because of the disenchantment especially among the youths and the challenges other Nigerians are going through. 

The newly elected president of the Peter Obi’s support groups in Kaduna State, Chief Morrison Ikpeamaze, expressed his joy over his election said God has vindicated him and promised to work hard for the overall success of the party in the state. 

He said from today (Thursday) there’s no faction in the Labour Party, noting, “let us unite and work as a team to surmount any problem that may be a hindrance to the success of the party from the presidency to the state level.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here