Soludo Visits Burnt Council Area, Describes Attack As Reprisal

0
410
Soludo


*says no Anambra indigene among criminals arrested from  hideout


By; PAMELA EBOH, Awka 

Governor of Anambra State, Prof Chukwuma Soludo has said that the burning of his LGA headquarters in Ekwulobia, Aguata Local Government Area of the state was a reprisal by criminal elements, whose camps were on the same day stormed by security agencies, with most of them arrested.
He made the statement when he visited  the scene of the incident on Friday.
 The secretariat as well as cars parked in the premises were on Thursday evening, burnt by gunmen.
Soludo said, “Yesterday (Thursday), security operatives smoked out some criminals camped at Ogboji and Aguluezechukwu, and the reprisal is the burning of Aguata LGA Headquarters by some of the fleeing criminals.
“Part of the items found in these criminal hideouts is a register of kidnapped victims and the ransom paid. This is not who we are, never can we, under any guise allow criminals the latitude to define who we are.
“Ndi Anambra are irrepressible. They are out to reclaim their land. To restore peace, and set the pace for the building of a Liveable and Prosperous Homeland. I repeat, anyone in the bush with a gun is a criminal and would be fiercely resisted by the people.”
“We have extended the olive branch to all genuine agitators, and made extensive calls for those in the bush to come out and shun criminality.
“How do you explain to any sane mind that “responsible citizens” have elected to pursue a supposed  legitimate course adopting criminal strategies of kidnapping, arson and murder? This is despicable, not permissible and against any known law of humanity.”
The governor revealed that 85 per cent of those arrested are from a state in the South East, while the remaining 15 per cent are from another state in the same zone, adding that no Anambra indigene was among them.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here