By; Mohammad Ibrahim, Kaduna.
Kaduna State Pilgrims Welfare Board has disqualified six pregnant women intending Pilgrims from from performing this year’s Hajj in Saudi Arabia.
According to the board, the women were identified and subsequently disqualified for the journey in line with National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) Policy of not allowing Pregnant women to travel for the Hajj.
This was disclosed by Alhaji Abdullahi Bayero, Head of Media Team, Kaduna State Hajj officials 2016 while briefing newsmen in the state.
He explained that the board normally conduct two medical screening of its intending pilgrims. The first medical screening of the intending pilgrims he said is at the state government designated hospitals.
“The second stage of the medical screening is at Mando Hajj Transit camp. All the screenings are compulsory for the intending pilgrims so as to ascertain their health status and determine whether they have the physical strength to perform the hajj” he dressed.
“The result of medical screening at Mando showed that all airlifted pilgrims were screened by our team of medical personal at the camp. They admitted and treated 16 intending pilgrims. Six pregnant women intending pilgrims were identified and subsequently disqualified for the journey in line with NAHCON policy of not allowing pregnant women to travel for the hajj,” he said.
He added that so far, a total of 5,408 pilgrims have been airlifted to the Holy land since the commencement of the exercise in the last two weeks.
Bayero said the remaining intending pilgrims and officials will be airlifted on Wednesday 31st August 2016, that will bring an end to the outbound journey to the Holy land.
He further commended the media for the wider coverage during the airlift of the pilgrims.