Ghastly Auto Crash Claims 7 In Ekiti

0
199
FRSC

By; OLADELE ADEDAYO, Ado-Ekiti

No fewer than seven persons reportedly lost their lives on Wednesday evening in a ghastly accident involving two vehicles in Ekiti State.

The accident, which involved an 18-passenger bus and a Toyota car, was said to have resulted from a head-on collision along  Iluomoba-Aisegba highway in Gbonyin Local Government Area of the state leading to the death of the deceased.

An eyewitness revealed to journalists in Ado Ekiti, the dtate capital on Thursday, that one of the vehicles was about dodging a pothole and was said to have lost control, and collided with the oncoming vehicle traveling to Ado Ekiti.

However, news that first filtered into town was that, about 19 persons lost their lives during the accident, but this information was refuted by the Federal Road Safety Corps(FRSC).

Confirming the incident, the Sector Commander, FRSC in Ekiti State, Mr. Olusola Joseph, who refuted the claim that 19 persons had died, revealed that the number of passengers that occupied the two vehicles were 17.

The Sector Commander clarified  that seven passengers lost their lives and the victims have been deposited in the morgue.

The FRSC boss said: “Those who lost their lives had been deposited in the mortuary. They were all male passengers. They were occupants of the two vehicles.

“The passengers that suffered varying degrees of injuries are presently being treated at the Afe Babalola Multi system hospital in Ado-Ekiti”.

Joseph therefore, warned motorists against over speeding, he described as the reason for unwarranted carnages on Nigerian roads, by strictly observing  traffic safety rules and regulation.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here