8 Persons killed in fresh clash between Hearders and Koh Community in Adamawa


About 8 persons were killed and scores injured in a fresh clash between  Fulani Herdsmen and members of Koh village  in Girei Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
According to eyewitness accounts, the crisis started on Saturday afternoon when a herdsman trespassed into a farm belonging to a member of the Koh community, the owner of the farm raised an alarm to other community members.
He said, the development attracted people of Koh who came out in their hundreds to chase the Fulani herdsman with his cattle.
The eyewitness stated further that the escaped herdsman came back later with  reinforcement, this resulted in a deadly clash with members of Koh community.
Our source claimed that the clash resulted to the killing of 8 persons and many injured who were rushed to Specialist and ZenithCare Hospital in Yola, the state capital  for treatment.
It could be recalled that earlier this year,  herdsmen had attacked four villages including Koh community resulting to the killing of over 40 persons, while many people flee to neighboring towns for safety.
The leaders of the Koh community had equally alerted  security agencies in the state due to the fact that after the attack, there have been running battles between the herdsmen and communities in those areas, this development made the headers flee the areas and they only come to graze.
A politician and a stakeholder in the state, Mr PP Elisha also confirmed the attack and said two of his relatives were killed in the clashed including a police man who was on leave.
He said that the clash resulted to the dead of several persons that he was yet to get the exact figure of the casualties.
However, the Police Public Relation Officer in the state, DSP Abubakar Othman confirmed that only one person was killed in the clash between the herdsmen and members of the Koh Community.
According to him, among the five persons injured, two were critically injured and  rushed to ZenithCare Hospital while the rest were taken to Specialist Hospital for treatment.
Othman said the situation was under control, adding that the police has since deployed their men to curb the situation.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here