3SC losing not less than N5billion annually – Fayose

0
553

By; BAYO AKAMO, Ibadan.
A businessman, Mr Isaac Fayose has observed that Shooting Star Sports Club of Ibadan (3SC) “is losing not less than N5billion annually by under-estimating the prospects in merchandise.
Mr Fayose who said this in Ibadan maintained that foreign football clubs attained huge financial base from the exploration of merchandise, which 3SC had failed to explore.
“We patronize Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea tee-shirts, bags, jerseys etc. I don’t think I have ever come across such bearing 3SC. And that is what these foreign clubs are making good fortunes from. 3SC is supposed to be making nothing less than five billion naira annually from these entire if effectively and efficiently,” he said.
Blamed the poor financial base of the club on the management, whom he said always bring into the stadium several people without payment,he said 3SC as a big club in the continent was not supposed to be where it was today.
“A friend and die-hard fan of 3SC who is based in Turkey had also signified interest in taking over the ownership of the club in the past but some people said it was Ibadan property. I had also seen how politicians and people who don’t know about football management are undermining the greatness capacity of that club. A situation where political office holders would just come on match day requesting for 200 tickets for his people without paying would never help the club attain any profitability and financial independent”
Mr Fayose added he had in the past through his security outfit; ANIS signed a deal with the 3SC on ticket sales and security, which lasted just a year owing to inability of government officials to run the club according to international known principles, saying, with the arrangement, he made 40 percent of sales on the ticket at the gate during, while the club pockets the remaining 60 per cent.
“Then, I brought CCTV cameras, security dogs and other security gadgets to the stadium. We left after a year due to constant fight between our staff and supporters, who never wanted to pay to watch their darling club play’’.
Mr Isaac is the younger brother of Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here