Tension In Oyo Community As Bandits Kill Two Farmers

Gov Makinde of Oyo State

By; BAYO AKAMO, Ibadan

Tension is now mounting in Igangan Community in Oyo State over the killing of two farmers  by suspected herdsmen on Friday.

New Nigerian gathered that the farmers were reportedly hacked to death by the suspected herdsmen while returning home from their farms.
One of the farmers identified as Seun was said to have had his head slit opened with a matchete during an attack on him.

Sources in the community said tension rose after the visit of a prominent leader in the area, Chief Sunday Adeyemi  Igboho, who visited Igangan to reportedly cautioned the Seriki Fulani, in the area, Saliu Kadri, against the increasing waves in the  killings of the natives in the community by suspected herdsmen.
Chief Adeyemo Igboho was said to have gone to the settlement of the Seriki accusing him of being responsible for the crises in the area and advised him on the need to let peace reign supreme in the community.
This it was learnt, led to  serious altercation with some of the Seriki boys trooping out attacking  Yoruba farmers seen in the community returning  from their farms. 
Convener of Igangan Development Advocates, Oladiran Oladokun, while speaking on the attack said, “Sunday Igboho came to Igangan today and went to Kara Market because that is where they use to perpetrate atrocities. 
“Ibarapa people have all agreed that Kara markets should be closed so that crime would reduce. He also went to Seriki’s settlement to confront him. After he left, the Seriki’s boys trooped out and hacked four persons returning from farm; two of them have died.”
Oyo State Police Command Public Relations Officer, Mr Olugbenga Fadeyi, when contacted, said Chief Adeyemo Igboho went to the Fulani camp in the town on Friday and injured four persons.
 “Today, ( Friday) at about 6pm, the popular Sunday Igboho from Igboho town stormed the Fulani camp at Igangan with his men in four Hilux pickup vans and attacked the people, injuring four persons”, he said. 
The PPRO added, “He then warned them to vacate the camp in seven days or be forcefully evicted. The injured were taken to the hospital for treatment. Police patrol vehicle has been deployed to the area. Investigation has commenced into the matter.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here