By; OLADELE ADEDAYO, Ado-Ekiti
The Ekiti State Government on Thursday confirmed the announcement by the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC), that a 42 year-old male, Ekiti indigene had been the second case of Covid-19 in the state while another suspected case now receiving ‘symptomatic’ treatment at the isolation center.
The State Commissioner for Health and Human Services, Mrs. Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, who stated this at a press conference with newsmen in Ado-Ekiti,the State capital yesterday noted that the male patient travel often by the nature of his job and have been to the airport in Lagos in the last 14-days, which could account for his infection.
Yaya-Kolade, said he had been admitted into the isolation center while the environment team will be going to disinfect his premises soon as possible.
The commissioner further gave a case of a suspects, who is 23-year old male, that have also manifested some symptoms and is on symptomatic treatment and investigation.
She said: “We have another suspected COVID-19 case, which is currently quarantined, pending the availability of his test result.
“Ekiti State has one discharged case, one positive case and one suspected case as at today, April 2, 2020.
Kolade enjoined all residents to comply with Mr. Governor’s directives to stay-at-home and observe preventive measures of frequent handwashing with soap under running water, avoid bodily contact with anyone, cough or sneeze into your curved elbow, disinfect surface regularly and maintain social distancing.
While answering questions from newsmen,the commissioner said Ekiti State has only one ventilator in the state and that the state government is sourcing for more ventilators to the state.