Tears As Only Son, Customer Die From Electrocution In Anambra Viewing Centre

0
333
By; PAMELA EBOH, Awka
Tragedy struck on Sunday in Uruoji village, Ogidi, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State as an only son (name witheld) and a  yet to be identified person got electrocuted while trying to reconnect a fallen Television antenna pole in a viewing center.
The deceased only son who owned the viewing house was said to be reconnecting the fallen pole so he could air the live broadcast of European league football match which football lovers troop in to his club to watch on payment of an undisclosed amount of money.
Information has it that as he was reconnecting the antenna pole with the help of a customer, who had just finished his West Africa Examination Council (WAEC), the pole touched the high tension wire that passed through the front view of the club centre and both got electrocuted and died on the spot.
The incident, which occured along Onitsha-Ogidi-Awka old road, Ogidi, attracted large number of
sympathisers who trooped to the club to have a glimpse of the two corpses as they lay lifeless on the ground.
According to a source close to the club owner, he said the father of the club owner has been bed ridden for years now as a result of High Blood Pressure, HBP.
The Ogidi Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Mr Mark Ijarafu who confirmed the incident said that arrangements were being made to transfer the corpses to Iyi-Enu Mission hospital morque, Ogidi.
He called on viewing centre owners and others to always be wary of electrical appliances where ever they may be to avoid sudden death.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here