Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State has approved the appointment of Alhaji Mukhtar Umar Magori as the new Chief of Staff, Government House.
Until this appointment, Magori was into private business.
He attended Nagarta College, Sokoto for his secondary education and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for his first degree, a statement by his spokesperson Mallam Imama Imam said.
The new Chief of Staff has an MSc in Maritime Studies from the University of Wales in Cardiff, United Kingdom.
Meanwhile, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal has also approved the restructuring of Sokoto State Media Corporation (SSMC).
Under the new and enhanced arrangement, the following appointments have been made:
1. Malam Abubakar Shekara (Managing Director)
2. Alhaji Labaran Lumo Dundaye (Deputy Managing Director)
3. Usman Buhari Sani (Director, Rima Radio)
4. Alhaji Lawal Sadiq (Director, Rima Television)
5 Aliyu Aliyu Dogon Daji (Director, State FM)
6. Abubakar Junaidu (Director Administration)
7. Hajiya Halima S. Tudu has been appointed as a Director-General in the State Civil Service.
All other directors in the media corporation retain their current positions and schedule.
The Governor tasked the new team to introduce innovative strategies that will reposition the state media outfits for optimum results.
He also urged the new team to key into government’s overall objective of providing quality service that will lead to the upliftment of the standard of living of the people of Sokoto State.