Refrigerator repairer died on electric pole ….rectifying fault
By; BAYO AKAMO.
Tragedy struck in Osogbo when a refrigerator repairer identified as Moshood Majoko died on an electricity pole while rectifying a fault.
It was learnt that the refrigerator repairer met his untimely death when electricity was suddenly restored while he was working on it and was immediately electrocuted.
New Nigerian gathered that the refrigerator repairer, a father of five was reportedly called upon by residents of Ilesa Garage area to assist in repairing the fault since there was power outage.
Majoko was said to have been brought down by residents of the area and rushed to a nearby hospital where he was confirmed dead.
The Osun Regional Communication Officer of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, Kikelomo Owoeye described the death as unfortunate because the company had been educating its consumers on the need to always report fault to the office and not attempt repairs on their own.
“It is quite unfortunate that a life was lost in the incident but we always sensitise our customers to desist from illegal connection, illegal reconnection, energy theft and its likes to avoid any casualty such as this.
“In order to avoid any casualty, consumers should endeavour to report faults or any complain to IBEDC office. They should forward their complaints to the Regional Office if they are not satisfied. We are partners in progress” She said.