One Million Tinubus Cannot Win Oyo State For APC In 2019 – PDP

0
18

images (2)

 

By; BAYO AKAMO, Ibadan

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Monday declared that “one million of the National leader of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu cannot save Oyo APC from the impending political tsunami awaiting the party before 2019 general election in the State.

PDP stated this in a statement made available to newsmen in Ibadan  signed by its Oyo state Publicity Secretary, Engineer  Akeem Olatunji.
.
The party maintained that it was  unfortunate that the APC National leader could come to Oyo state and be boasting of what was not and overating the ruling APC under while the people of Oyo state are presently  languishing in abject poverty as a result of non payment of workers salaries”.

PDP stressed in the statement that despite the pitiable situation in the state, the APC  government “still went ahead to waste huge amount of money on jamboree called defection of some politicians who have loss value over the time as well as 68th birthday of the State Governor.”

“Our attention has been drawn to a statement credited to a National leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, at a function to welcome decampees who have joined APC long time ago where he expressed his fears indirectly over the continuous rise and dominance of PDP in Oyo State politics and Nigeria at large” it said.

PDP added in the statement that ” It is absurd that 90% of the so called decampees have seized to be PDP members more than two years ago while the remaining 10% are politicians who makes their living through politics and hence the needs to be in the ruling party at all times because they lack ideologies and principles. “

According to PDP, ” the huge amount of money expended on recent defection ceremony of some politicians to the APC as an aberration, wickedness and insensitive to the plight of the masses particularly the civil servants by Governor Abiola Ajimobi led APC government.”

“The PDP in Oyo State actually pity Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu for the unenviable job of selling a rejected Oyo State APC to the electorates whereas the party hierarchy including the National Chairman of APC knew that Oyo State APC is moribund”.

Describing the weekend official declaration of Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala and others  into the APC as “charade to celebrate the birthday of Senator Ajimobi in an elaborate and wasteful manner without taken into consideration the non payment of between 9 to 16 months salaries of Oyo State tertiary institutions”. PDP said ” it
is in fact laughable that the APC which has totally failed in bringing together her old members who worked for her success in 2015 could recourse to panic mode just because the PDP has succeeded in uniting its fronts through the political sagacity of its leader, Senator Rashidi Ladoja. “

“We were very much aware that Senator Tinubu, Governor Ajimobi and the so called decampees left the venue dejected due to the refusal of the National Chairman, Odigie Oyegun, and other party echelons to grace the occasion. It is on record that the only Minister from the State, Barrister Bayo Shittu, Senator Monsurat Sunmonu, Senator Buhari, Hon Dapo Lam Adesina and many other honourables on the platform of APC boycotted the events to the surprise of Senator Tinubu and the self acclaimed Constituted Authority, the State Governor.”

Lamenting  the standard of living of the people of the state ” as a result of anti people policies foisted on the masses by the Governor Ajimobi’s led administration in the state,” Engineer Olatunji said ” this is an acknowledgement on fact that governance in the state has drifted in the last six years, wasting almost a billion naira to receive politicians.

“We therefore commend some APC leaders who out of sympathy for workers of the Oyo State tertiary institutions that are being owed 9 to 16 months salaries boycotted the meaningless event while Governor Ajimobi and his new friends are wasting public money without showing any remorse, which could be termed as heights of lack and loss of ideas.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here