Millionaire Crime Kingpin, Maiturare Appears In Court


Millionaire Crime Maestro, Maiturare Appeared In Court.

Over two months since his crime world was bursted and halted by the Police in Niger State, Isah Sa’idu Maiturare, a notorious jail bird and Minna based lord of the criminals and self confessed Chairman of Kidnappers, receiver of stolen vehicles has appeared before a Minna Chief Magistrates court III on criminal charges of theft, robbery, conspiracy and illegal possession of prohibited fire arms among other charges.
Maiturare was arrested in March this year by the special strike force team of the Inspector General of Police, code named Operation Absolute Sanity during a sting operation led by DSP Hassan Gimba.
He was paraded by the Police at the Bosso Division of the Nigeria Police on the 8th of March this year along with his ten gang members.
The Chief Magistrate Court III in Minna, Niger state, Hassan Mohammed, however directed that the suspect be remanded in prison custody.
Maiturare has litany of allegations leveled against him which include criminal conspiracy, armed robbery, possession of stolen vehicles, unlawful possession of prohibited fire arms, forgery and assisting in concealment.
The Police First Information crime report sheet, (FRI), revealed that the charges against Maiturare contravenes section 7, 9, 2, 9, 8, Sub (c),  2, 7 A Sub 1 Fire Arms Act 2004 of the state’s penal code laws.
The suspect, is among other offences, accused of conspiring with another gang led by one, Bala Aliyu of Chanchaga area to rub one man Mohammed Ali Turaki of his Honda Accord car valued at N2.2 million.
But even at the commencement of the trial, the presiding Magistrate, Hassan Mohammed, said the matter before the court was beyond the jurisdiction of his court.
In April, a vicious rumours had sprang from the grapevine that Maiturare had been released from Police detention. The Police reacted promtly by describing the story as vicious and unfunded.
Maiturare had confessed while being paraded in March this year, that he had been arrested several times before and set free by the Police after he had allegedly ‘settled’ them”.
The Chief Magistrate, therefore asked that the prosecution Police should forward the case file to the state Ministry of Justice for legal advice and proper prosecution.
The Chief Magistrate consequently adjourned the case to the 12th of next month for next hearing.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here