El-Rufai Denies Sacking 4,500 Newly Recruited Teachers

0
158
El-Rufai

By; FUNMI OROYE ADERINTO,  Kaduna.

The Kaduna State Government, led by Governor Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai, on Thursday said it  has not sacked any of the newly recruited teachers.

This was expressed in a statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Governor el-Rufai,  Samuel Aruwan,  on Thursday.

The statement said,  the story making the rounds, that the government sacked 4,500 of the newly recruited teachers is false.

“What is correct, is the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) recruited only 11, 395 applicants out of 15,000 shortlisted applicants that were subjected to vigorous scrutiny.

“Furthermore, an exercise to recruit a further 13,605 teachers will be announced by the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) as the board has so far received 19,000 applications which will be considered in the second phase of the recruitment,” the statement said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here